Last week's trip was absolutely enjoyable both work and non-work. I can hardly wait to share my photos and stories! The only thing stopping me is jetlag... My body clock's all screwed up that I end up resembling a Tarsier at 3:00 AM.
Until I get my head straightened out, I'm too zombified to write anything of use.
But the 14 hour flight was a great opportunity to finish all the meme's I've received the past couple of months. To those who tagged me, I apologize for taking this long. I'm keeping my promise that I will never miss/overlook a tag.
For those who are interested to know more about me... read on for the Mega Meme. Otherwise, wait for my upcoming post.
Zombie Chicken Award
"The blogger who receives this award believes in the Tao of the zombie chicken - excellence, grace and persistence in all situations, even in the midst of a zombie apocalypse. These amazing bloggers regularly produce content so remarkable that their readers would brave a raving pack of zombie chickens just to be able to read their inspiring words. As a recipient of this world-renowned award, you now have the task of passing it on to at least 5 other worthy bloggers. Do not risk the wrath of the zombie chickens by choosing unwisely or not choosing at all..."
My thanks goes to Alice Teh for recognizing me with a rather unique and adorable blog award. I love it! I shall now forward this over to the next worthy Zombie Chicken magnets:
1. An Ardent Cosmic Journey
2. Kumareng Grace
3. Oodles of Goodles
4. Buhay Bahay-bahayan
5. Embracing Everyday
But before you check these sites, take a couple of minutes to check out my favorite Zombie Song! It's so catchy it's deadly!
7 Things Kreative Award
I'm very honored to be awarded by Little Ms. Firefly. She runs a beautiful journal of a Filipina living in Ireland, married to a kind and loving Irish man.
The rule of the game is to list 7 Things I Love, and then pass it on to & Blogs I Love.
1. to twiddle the corners of my pillow with my fingers when I am about to sleep
2. to eat a pizza backwards so my finale is always the best part
3. to peel the labels off of the beer bottle that I'm drinking
4. to listen to Garandee complain. It sounds cute.
5. to see Garandee cringe whenever I pull off the cuticles from my nails
6. to eat the stuff Garandee sets aside on her plate
7. Garandee (of course!)
I was surprised to get an award from my new friend, HalfCrazy. She has one of the most adorable blogs out there. It's always interesting to see the world through the eyes of such a bright and active young lady.
The aims of this award:
• As a dedication for those who love blogging activity and love to encourage friendships through blogging.
• To seek the reasons why we all love blogging!
• Put the award in one post as soon as you receive it (I failed miserably here. LOL)
• Don’t forget to mention the person who gives you the award.
• Answer the award’s question by writing the reason why you love blogging.
• Tag and distribute the award to as many people as you like.
• Don’t forget to notify the award receivers and put their links in your post.
I realized it was time to start blogging after a passing bird dropped its egg on my car’s windshield. I had no expectations when I started Balut & Natto, so I was quite surprised that it took off the way it did.
After 7 months, and 75 posts, I am now asked to write why I love blogging.
I love blogging because:
• I get to share and tell stories and conversations that I would just otherwise eventually forget and fall into limbo
• I get to meet new and interesting people
• I get very excited to find people actually return to my blog regularly
• I get even more excited when my readers share their comments and feedback
That's about it! And no, I don't blog for money. :)
100 Truths Tag
I've seen this lengthy tag go around some of the blogs I've visited. I was thinking "Wow, doing this must feel like populating a VISA Application". Well lo and behold, I finally got tagged by my new friend Mabel. I am delighted to share my 100 truths for all of you!
001. Real Name: It’s revealed in one of the posts in my blog. Well, sort of… If you’re clever you’ll find my first name!
002. Nickname(s): DO!
003. Age: 33
004. Horoscope: Gemini
005. Male or Female: Male
008. High School: La Salle
009. College School: La Salle
010. Hair color: Black
011. Long or Short: kinda long
012. Loud or Quiet: Rowdy
013. Sweats or Jeans: Jeans, torn ones
014. Phone or Camera: Camera
015. Health Freak: Not by choice
016. Drink or Smoke: Eat
017. Do you have a crush on someone: Nope
018. Eat or Drink: Sleep
019. Piercings: I once pierced my gums when I was chewing. Does that count?
020. Tattoos: Nope
021. Social or Anti-Social: Social
022. Righty or lefty: Righty
023. First piercing: Nope
024. First relationship: Prehistoric
025. First Best Friend: My cuz
026. First Award: Loyalty Award at school. They couldn’t get rid of me.
027. First Kiss: Bleeechhhh!
028. First Pet: Dog
029. First Big Vacation: USA
030. First Love at first sight: Mom’s Blueberry Cheesecake
031. First Big Birthday: When I turned 1
032. First Surgery: None
033. First sport you joined: baby crib gymnastics
This or That
034. Orange or Apple juice: Apple Juice
035. Rock or Rap: Rock
036. Country or Screamo: Country
037. NSYNC or Backstreet boys: Masculados
038. Britney spears or Christina Aguilera: Jolina
039. Night or Day: Night
040. Sun or Moon: Moon
041. TV or Internet: Internet
042. Playstation or xbox: Playstation
043. Kiss or hug: Kiss
044. Iguana or turtle: Iguana
045. Spider or bee: Spider
046. Fall or spring: Spring
047. Limewire or iTunes: Torrent
048. Soccer or baseball: Soccer
049. Eating: Yeah, microwaved airline food.
050. Drinking: champagne
051. Excitement level: Normal
052. I’m about to: catch some Z’s
053. Listening to: airline music
054. Plan for today: survive the loooong flight
055. Waiting for: the time I settle my feet back on the ground and kiss the floor.
056. Energy Level: Low
057. Thinking of someone: My Garandee
058. Want kids: Of course
059. Want to get married: Already tied the knot. Touch move.
060. When: 11/11/2008
061. How many kids do you want: Max 2
062. Any name on the mind: GODIVA
063. What did you want to be when you were little: Rock star! LOL
064. Careers in mind: Film Director
065. Mellow future or wild: Wild
066. Something you would never try: Natto, but I failed miserably.
067. When do you want to die: sometime in the 32nd Century
Which is better in the boy/girl you like?
068. Lips or Eyes: Eyes
069. Romantic or Funny: Funny
070. Shorter or Taller: Shorter
071. Protective or Caring: Caring
072. Romantic or Spontaneous: Spontaneous
073. Nice Stomach or Nice Arms: Nice stomach
074. Sensitive or Loud: Sensitive
075. Hook-up or Relationship: Relationship
076. Trouble Maker or Hesitant: Trouble Maker
077. Muscular or normal: Normal
Have you ever
078. Kissed a stranger: Ha! Maybe.
079. Broken a bone: Nope
080. Lost glasses or contacts: Nope. 20/20
081. Ran away from home: Yes, to chase an Ice cream vendor
082. Held a gun/knife for self defense: Nope, just a banana
083. Killed somebody: A lot. In video games. Mostly aliens.
084. Broken someone’s heart: Unfortunately
085. Had your heart broken: Yeah. Thanks to karma.
086. Been arrested: A lot. In GTA IV.
087. Cried when someone died: No
088. Liked a friend more than a friend: Maybe
Do you believe in
089. Yourself: Yes
090. Miracles: Yes
091. Love at first sight: Nope
092. Heaven: Yes
093. Santa Claus: Nope. He always gave me the wrong toy.
094. Tooth Fairy: No
095. Kiss in the first date: No
096. Angels: Yes
097. Is there 1 person you want to be with right now?: Yes
098. Are you seriously happy with where you’re in life now?: Yes
099. Do you believe in God?: Definitely
100. Post as 100 truths and tag 10 people.
Phew! That was a long one, but it sure was fun to do!
This Mega Meme is open to everyone, so please feel free to tag yourself with any of the ones posted above. If you decide to do a meme, please leave a comment. I'd love to hop over to your blog to check it out.
Garando!! You must drive me to work early... Fight your jetlag!